Singapore is a tropical island and a major tourist destination in South East Asia. Tourism is a major contributor to the economy of the city-state. There is a plethora of options available for sight-seeing and stay in Singapore which make it a global tourism hotspot. Considering all the options available, finding the best place to stay in Singapore is tough.
Whatever the kind of travel experience you want to have from Singapore, it is very essential to pay importance to the kind of accommodation you are looking at. Also, it is very convenient to have a lowdown of where to stay in Singapore with the mind-boggling options available. Every tourist to Singapore needs to answer a few important questions like
- What is the holiday budget for accommodation?
- Which is the most convenient place to stay?
- What are the amenities like bed and breakfast or pickup and drop from MRTs and airports that are available?
- What are the other deals that are available with the package?
The holiday budget can of course be decided only by you. The convenient place and area to stay also depends on the tourist attractions that are in your priority list. As for the best deals and amenities on offer, authentic online information can be availed of.
There are plenty of options available from cheap hostel rooms to decent midrange hotels that are more about location than quality and service apartments and luxury digs which spell comfort and convenience. There is no one size that fits all and choices that are suitable for most of your stay requirements are available.
- Sentosa: The Sentosa island resort is an exciting place to visit and several hotel options are available in and near this island resort. It is a good option to look at if you have children and are willing to loosen your purse strings. The Sentosa island with a lot of attractions like marine world, Universal, Merlion and cable car ride is a good and convenient place to stay what with several hotel options that is a convenient base to luxury pads that exude contemporary elegance. However, the flipside is that getting to the “mainland” from your hotel in Sentosa and vice-versa for a short break from sightseeing can be a real bother unless one is willing to pay for cab rides.
- Marina Bay: Hotels in this area spell luxury and big money. They include star hotels that reek extravagance and comfort. The infinity pool in Marina Bay Sands just cannot be missed.
- Orchard Road: Premium hotel options are available in Orchard road shopping area. The stores have so many branches at other parts of the city, only the sheer class, boutique comfort and elegance that many hotels here offer give them a marginal edge over others.
- Little India, Arab street, China town and Lavender street: These are the places to scout for a budget accommodation. Many places here are more convenient in terms of location and commute rather than comfort and opulence. Budget to boutique accommodations and hostels for flash packers are available in different price ranges and various amenities that they may provide. These areas offer a selection of guesthouses and a good number of upmarket and boutique hotels as well.
There are a few stay options available in the Colonial District and Boat Quay as well.
Choosing the right accommodation in a convenient locality will make exploring Singapore a comfortable and fun experience. Hence, it is best to choose a neighbourhood from where commuting is easy and alsoone that is suitable for your budget.