The Vietnam Visa policy can seem a bit confusing, however in recent years it has become simpler to get a Vietnam Visa. You can easily apply online without needing to send any documents. The visa application only takes a few minutes.
- Visa Requirements
- Visa For Tourists
- Types of Visas
- Apply Online for Visa on Arrival
- Visa Application Instructions
- Accepted Airports
- Vietnam Business Visa on Arrival
- Visa Through Embassy/Consulate
- Vietnam E-Visas
- Visa Extensions
- Visa FAQ
Vietnam is a country that many people are interested in visiting.
- Residents of Chile can stay visa-free for 90 days.
- Residents of Cambodia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand can stay without needing a visa for 30 days.
- Residents of the Philippines can stay for 20 days.
- Residents of Brunei and Myanmar can stay for 14 days.
- Passport holders of Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom (British Citizens) can stay for 15 days.
Planning a vacation? Looking for an adventure? Here are 101 crazy things to do before you die.
Visa For Tourists
However, these passport holders must have proof of their onward ticket, and a gap of at least 30 days between two visa-free tickets. Tourist visas for Vietnamcan be obtained in advance and they are available for 30 days or 90 days. The 30-day visa is single entry, and the 90-day visa is multiple-entry.
You can apply online for a visa on arrival or directly through a Vietnamese consulate/embassy. We recommend the online method because it is straightforward and fast. You can have your visa within days by applying online.
Types of Visas
You will now be aware if you require or a visa or not. It is easy to obtain a tourist visa. The validity of these visas can be 30 or 90 days.
- The cost of a single-entry 30-day visa is $20.
- The cost of a multiple-entry 90-day visa is $70.
The two main methods of applying for a visa are Visa on arrival which can be done through online agents and applying directly through the consulate.
Apply Online for Visa on Arrival
The most popular choice for travelers is visa on arrival. It is convenient and cheap. Another benefit of this method is that you don’t have to post your passport to the embassy.
You can easily apply online via an agent. The visa is directly emailed to you and you simply need to print it out. You will then need to present it to the immigration official. You should be aware that the visa is valid for all of Vietnam’s international airports. However, it does not cover any land crossings.
There is an agency fee of around $20 for a Visa on arrival application..
Visa Application Instructions
The steps to take for a visa on arrival are simple, however, they must be followed carefully. Otherwise, there is a chance of your application getting rejected.
- The first step involves applying online as we stated above. You will then receive an approval letter in your email if everything was correct in the application. This can take up to 3-5 working days to arrive. However, there is also an option for urgent processing which can reduce the time to 8 hours. The fee for this will be higher, however, it is guaranteed that you will receive the approval letter within this period.
- You will receive the approval letter in your e-mail. There will be no physical letter sent. You should also be sure to monitor your junk mail as your spam filter could potentially block the message. It is important to be aware that this letter cannot be accepted just as an email. This means you cannot present it on a laptop or a phone. It must be printed into a hard copy. Additionally, you must carry two passport sized photos alongside this copy. You must also have cash ready for the stamping fee. The costs of these fees were explained above.
- The final step involves getting these documents ready and presenting them to the immigration officer. They may ask you a few routine questions about your visit. If everything is correct with your application, then you will get your visa stamped and will have full access to explore the beautiful country of Vietnam
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Da Nang International Airport (Da Nang)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Nha Trang)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
All of these airports support visa on arrival. Land or cruise arrivals are not supported by visa on arrival. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the entirety of your planned stay in Vietnam. The stamping fee cannot be paid by credit card. Cash is only the acceptable method of payment.
Children who have their own passports must also pay the same fee to get stamped. You should be aware that there is currently no official visa service. All agencies are run privately, and none are set up the Vieatmeanese consulate or government. Even if a website has a domain name which includes .org or .gov this does not mean that they are official.
Vietnam Business Visa on Arrival
If you are traveling to Vietnam to conduct temporary business, then you will need to apply for a business visa. All forms of employment require this visa, as the standard visa does not permit engaging in any work within the country. The business visa in Vietnam is regarded as a short stay visa. You can enter the country and remain for a maximum time of 12 months. The visa covers employment with Vietnam businesses. It covers activities undertaken with these businesses which include holding meetings, signing contracts, etc.
There are certain requirements that you must meet in order to be eligible for this visa. Temporary passports are strictly prohibited. Additionally, you must have at least 6 months remaining before the expiry of your passport. The passport must contain 2 blank pages for the visa stamp. You will also require a sponsorship letter from a company that is fully licensed within Vietnam. This is essential if you are applying for the visa in your home country embassy.
The stamping fee for a business visa is $25 for 1 and 3 month stays with a single entry. The cost increases to $50 for multiple entries. It is $95 for a 6-month multiple entry business visa. The stamping fee can only be paid in cash. VietnamVisa.com specializes in business visas on arrival. You can trust them for your application. The time it takes for your application to process can depend on a number of factors.
Generally, the processing time for business visa on arrival is 5-7 working day. Emergency requests can be made and these are processed within 2-3 working days. The business visa processing times at the embassy of your country can vary, and therefore you would have to ask them. You do not need a sponsorship letter for a business visa on arrival. It is only required if you apply directly through your embassy.
Visa Through Embassy/Consulate
The second method involves getting your visa through an embassy or consulate. This will involve you using the embassy that is located within your country. The cost will usually be fairly higher than a Visa on Arrival, and the exact cost will depend on your country. Additionally, the process can be slow and there are no guarantees of when your visa will be received.
Throughout Asia, visa are usually processed within 2 or 3 working days. In Europe and America, it can take a full week. You should always make sure to apply early if you use this method. The consulate application method is long and inconvenient. We instead recommend applying online as it is cheaper and more convenient.
One recent innovation in the visa process has been the creation of E-Visas. These are still in the pilot stage. Additionally, there are still some errors with this process and the website can be unreliable. The E-Visa application process is open to citizens of 40 countries which includes the UK and the USA. However, citizens of Australia, Canada, and New Zealand are not eligible. The application can be done online, however, there must be no errors. Additionally, you should make sure that your photo is clear. E-Visas allow a single entry and a stay of up to 30 days. The total cost is $25. The processing time is around 3-5 working days.
You can apply online at https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn. You should note that E-visas are currently not available for business purposes.
It is easy to get tourist visa extensions. They can be organized through agents. Depending on your current visa, you can get a 30 or 60-day extension. The process of extensions goes more smoothly if done in a main city or in the city that you arrived in. The cost is $40 for a 30-day extension and $60 for a 60-day extension. The agent fee is usually around $10.
Is the Visa on Arrival reliable?
Many customers can often be wary of the Visa on Arrival. This is because it is not available from any official source. Therefore, it requires placing trust in a third-party. However, you can be sure that you will receive the correct visa documentation if you go with a reliable company. The immigration department grants these, and you can be sure that a visa on arrival will get you through the country.
What is the approval letter?
The approval letter is sent by immigration once they have seen your application. It may sent physically or electronically. All electronic copies must be printed out in physical form. The airport staff will check the details of the letter alongside your travel documents. Therefore, it is crucial to ensure that spelling and date of birth are accurate. Even a small mistake, can result in a denial to the country. If all the information is correct, then you will have nothing to worry about.
Are any Scanned documents required?
The visa application does not require your scanned passport or any other documents. You simply need to fill in the application form.
Do I need Photos?
Yes, you will need passport photos alongside your visa. They should be standard sized (4cm x 6cm). However, you also have the option of taking these photos at the airport. The usual charge is around $2 for these photos.
Does my Arrival date need to be exact?
You should ensure that your arrival date is as close as possible to your actual date. It should be the earliest you plan to arrive, as you are allowed to enter later. The departure date will show you the latest date that you can stay in the country for. You must leave by this date unless you acquire an extension.
You will now understand how easy it is to explore Vietnam. There is no need to delay. Apply for your visa easily today.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]